Or should I have asked who did not like them?
Various fast food chains have removed them or have put signs up asking people to not take them, the latest addition is now the Merriott Hotels.
My personal opinion in the regard: Think we can do without straws. Not sure when they were introduced and cannot be bother to research, however sometimes we have to ask ourselves if we really need or want something and if the things we are so accustomed to really make sense. Time to think and change habits – I am sure life was possible before the arrival of sippy straws.
When I order a coke, a juice or cocktail, I order them explicitly without straw.
- London City Airport is ditching plastic straws from all of its restaurants.
- NorthLink Ferries is ditching plastic straws for paper ones, and also looking at replacing plastic bags, cups, plates and sauce sachets too.
- A whole host of restaurant chains including Rick Stein’s Fish, JD Wetherspoons and Costa Coffee are all getting rid of straws.
- BBC has a story on a new report from the UN which documents 50 nations that are taking meaningful action to curb marine plastic pollution.
- Narendra Modi: India to ban single-use plastic by 2022